Imitating hackers to prevent and mitigate cyber threats
Installed onsite as a virtual machine, the Cronus CyBot product suite imitates human hacker behavior and performs around-the-clock penetration testing on all IP-based components in an environment − including infrastructure, applications and databases – to find vulnerabilities and complex attack path scenarios in real-time.
This is done using patented scanning technology that is both silent and 100 times faster than all other existing technologies, minimizing the disturbance caused to organizations and critical systems.
A proprietary Reasoning Engine (patent pending) uses the real-time information about identified vulnerabilities to predict multi-level, dynamic, and complex attack path scenarios.
With the CyBot product suite, IT managers, CIOs, CSOs, and CFOs can easily access the security business intelligence (BI) data and risk maps they need to mitigate future sophisticated cyber attacks, and invest accurately and efficiently in the best cyber security strategy for their organization.
The Cronus CyBot product suite enables organizations to accurately evaluate their resiliency against cyber threats; proactively adjust their security protection strategies to mitigate the risks; and accurately and efficiently invest in the best cyber security strategy for their organization.
This is done using innovative technology that offers the following unique benefits:
- Imitates human hacker behavior to predict sophisticated and dynamic attack path scenarios.
- Performs around-the-clock penetration testing on all IP-based components in an environment − including infrastructure, applications and databases.
- Uses patented scanning technology that is both silent and 100 times faster than all other existing technologies, minimizing the disturbance caused to organizations and critical systems.
- Provides attack path scenario analysis that is valuable to IT and business (facilitates security BI).
- Provides risk mitigation in real-time – enables organizations to respond immediately to cyber threats.
- When deployed in a global, multi-site environment, shares information across all sites to depict global attack scenarios.
- Proprietary Reasoning Engine (patent pending) predicts attack path scenarios at a rate of one path per second. As up to 100 CyBot products can be implemented in an organization, this means that up to one million scenarios can be checked in only three hours.
CyBot Enterprise enables global, multi-site organizations to deploy multiple CyBot Pro instances, and benefit from a global view of the entire environment. These CyBot Pro instances share information and facilitate the prediction of global attack path scenarios involving vulnerabilities from multiple sites.
The CyBot Enterprise version provide a centralized management interface for all systems installed in the organization (for definition, monitoring and results viewing and analysis). This management interface allows some major capabilities such as:
- The ability to update data into the CyBot Pros from a central management station.
- The system will create global attack scenarios, for example: finding vulnerabilities in routers spread across the organization in different countries, and test the integrated dangerous global scenarios and report results.
- A global perspective on vulnerabilities across the enterprise (aggregated from multiple CyBot Pros). The main console collects information from all CyBot Pro machines that are located in all branches and departments, and represent the results in a global risk mitigation view.
- CyBot Enterprise can be easily interfaced with command stations (e.g., NAC). It can immediately send commands to security systems e.g., instruct the NAC to block connections that enable a critical scenario on all relevant network components. In this way, the hacker will not find any possibility to attack via the specific vulnerabilities closed by this scenario.
- Precise estimates and actions require clear cut information about every critical vulnerability, at every level within the enterprise; good valuation on the importance of all assets and business activities. The user can instruct CyBot Enterprise on what are the critical assets and resources. This information will be used by the CyBot integrated solution to build additional attack scenarios for these specific resources hardening their resistance to hacking attacks. In this way, you will be able to build a relevant risk map for your organization, and define the most suitable security design for these critical assets and resources.