Managing IT capacity is vital. Under-utilising your system resources is nearly as bad as overloading them. On one hand your business will be wasting money and on the other service degradation will cost your business money.
Capacity management is a fundamental and important ITIL service delivery best practice. It enables IT to balance cost against capacity, and supply against demand, to ensure that sufficient IT resources are always available to meet current and future business requirements.
In most areas of business, strategy and purchasing decisions are based on solid financial modelling against known business requirements, yet when it comes to IT, many organisations rely on rules of thumb, or best guesses which are then doubled “just in case”. Getting it wrong not only has huge financial implications, it also leads to outages, breaches of Service Levels and reputational losses.
eMite harnesses the power of its OLAP-cube based IT Analytics engine to deliver a comprehensive and highly scalable Performance and Capacity Management Solution which is able to collect, aggregate and analyse performance and capacity metrics, transactional data and business data from any source. eMite lets you analyse what has happened in the past, understand what is happening now, and predicts what will happen in the future (unless corrective action is taken). Its powerful What-If modelling lets you effectively size and plan for IT change, and its flexible real-time dashboards and comprehensive out-of-the-box reports make life easy for the Capacity Planner and bring IT and the business closer together as a result.
eMite What-If modelling
eMite includes a powerful What-If modelling module that uses Queuing Theory and ARIMA time-series modelling to easily and effectively predict the impact that increased workloads, transaction volumes, etc. have on the underlying IT infrastructure. Conversely you can also model different hardware configurations and virtualisation environments to determine how they will impact the applications and services they are planned to support.
- Easily plan server consolidation, business expansion and workload growth
- Know when and which systems and applications are likely to run out of capacity at current growth rates
- Understand behaviour that is missed by simple trend analysis
- Discover how any IT service will respond to a sudden increase in demand
- Determine whether service levels and quality can be maintained after consolidating or migrating applications, databases or servers
- Determine the optimum infrastructure configuration to support a new business service
- Decide how many virtual machines can be run safely on a given host
- Predict response times, supported transaction rates, queue lengths, resource utilisation, and many other metrics
eMite’s What-If modelling will ensure that your organisation can save money by reducing unwarranted expenditure on hardware, software and the cost of management and maintenance whilst ensuring optimum service availability and performance.
eMite capacity management in the cloud
eMite capacity management brings a fresh approach with an on-premise and SaaS capacity offering that makes capacity management affordable for most organisations.The cloud service makes managing the capacity of your infrastructure and services easy and cost effective. A metrics collection agent installed in your environment transfers data to the cloud service where you are able to view your capacity dashboards and reports, and run what-if modelling scenarios.